Wednesday, April 13, 2011

100 time THANK YOU Michael and Sofia

Hi everyone. I would like to tell you the story of how I got a job thanks to the Portnov School.

I arrived in the USA 2 years ago from rainy Lithuania. The climate here is beautiful, the people are friendly, hospitable and smiling, my family, parents, and sister are all here; I was happy. However, my poor English and thoughts about my future career made me lose sleep . My mom’s friend told me about this good program at the Portnov computer school, but I didn’t follow her advice right away. I thought I needed only English to get a job, because I already have BA and invaluable but, as I later understood, useless experience from my country. I had already been studying English for 1 year, posted resumes on different job boards, and day by day, was waiting for recruiters to call me, but the silence was a good hint that I had to do something else to get a job.

The day I realized I should start studying at Portnov computer school finally arrived.

The absolutely spectacular teachers at Portnov school made the information easily accessible and were always ready to answer questions and to provide extra attention if necessary. However, after 3 classes we took a test. Ooh, you can’t imagine what Michael said about my results. Sofia told me that I disappointed her; I was so embarrassed, rolled up my sleeves and started studying hard. At that time, if somebody woke me up in the middle of the night, I would have, without hesitation, shot off all the definitions. Michael provided not only useful knowledge, but also encouragement and motivation that enabling us to become a proficient QA engineer.
I participated in all the projects at School during my training. After I finished my classes, Sofia helped me obtain an internship position where I worked for 4 months to gain more working experience. Although, several job interviews for paid internship position were not successful, but each helped boost my self-confidence.

One day I got an email from Sofia scheduling me for an interview in company where I’m working now. They accepted me for paid internship position. You can’t imagine how happy I was to be working there. I have never worked with such a nice and friendly team. After 5 months I was thrilled to be offered a permanent position. Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

100 time THANK YOU, Portnov Computer School for making such a big difference in my life.

I would like to especially thank Michael, the father of this school, and Sofia, our angel who looks over all of us, who gives us support personally and professionally. I will never forget your help.

No comments: