Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The people at Portnov exceeded my expectations

With only a limited amount of experience in a particular field, I found myself unable to find another job after finding myself out of work with the downturn in the economy. I was eager to get into QA but didn't really have much of any of a foundation in software testing methodology so found it hard to land myself a job. Fortunately, the Portnov Computer School was there to help jump start my career.

The people at Portnov exceeded my expectations by not only providing personalized attention in helping me achieve my goal of getting an SQA internship, which is soon turning into a paid position, but also remaining committed to helping me with my career in the future, long after I have taken my last class. I would highly recommend the school to anyone who is looking to enter the software development world from the ground up as well as to those who are seasoned veteran SQA engineers, looking to add to their own value to by learning a new technology.

I came and audited my first class at the Portnov Computer School a little hesitant but since I could audit my first couple classes without commitment I was more than willing to give it a shot. After taking a couple of Portnov's fundamental courses in addition to an automation class I was given the opportunity to apply for an internship provided by the school. After putting in my dues for a couple months I was soon hired as contract employee. Fast forward to a little over 6 months later and now I have just signed a contract for full-time employment that same exciting software company in the greater Silicon Valley area.

What makes the Portnov Computer School different than other schools that I have been involved with is the personal approach they have to ensuring your success. At Portnov, you are not just another student to them; it is quickly became clear that they are dedicated to your success if you are willing to put in the effort. In terms of the amount of investment you make, the payoff makes it well worth all the time and resources. I would highly recommend the school to anyone who is looking to break into the world of software development from the beginning and also to those who are looking to expand their skill set by learning a new technology.

No comments: